Fun Facts About Chinese New Year:
1. Chinese New Year, also known as Lunar New Year or Spring Festival, is the most important traditional holiday in China.
2. The exact date of Chinese New Year varies each year and is based on the Chinese lunar calendar.
3. The color red is considered very lucky and is prominently featured during the celebrations.
4. Chinese New Year is a 15-day celebration filled with various customs and traditions, such as decorating with red lanterns and giving red envelopes filled with money to children.
5. It is a time for families to gather and celebrate, with traditional foods such as dumplings and nian gao (sticky rice cake) often enjoyed.
6. The zodiac animal associated with the year is also significant, with each year being named after one of the 12 animals of the Chinese zodiac. (This year is the year of the rabbit.)
CLICK ON EACH ICON TO SEE THIS POST
ON EACH SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM