National Candy Cane Day – 2020.
Fun Candy Cane Facts:
1. The average candy cane is 5 inches tall.
2. While most candy canes are not sugar or calorie-free, they do not have any fat or cholesterol.
3. Striped red and white candy canes were first introduced in 1900.
4. The first machine to make candy canes were invented in 1921 by Brasher O. Westerfield. Until then, they were made by hand.
5. Bob McCormack and his brother-in-law & priest Gregory Keller brought the candy cane to the masses. What started out as candy making for McCormack’s friends and family turned into mass production when Keller invented the machine that enabled Bob’s Candies to go big time.
6. Traditionally the flavor for candy canes is peppermint, but there are a variety of flavors.
7. Alain Roby, Geneva pastry chef, holds the Guinness World Record for the longest candy cane, measuring 51 feet long.
#canyoncreekorthodontist #ortho #brushyourteeth #elf #fourfoodgroups #candycane #nationalcandycaneday2020
CLICK ON EACH ICON TO SEE THIS POST
ON EACH SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM